pHOTOGRAPHING WATER IN THE LANDSCAPE: COASTAL SHORES, INLAND WATERWAYS AND WATER GARDENS
DATE: June 15-21, 2018
LOCATION: Maine Media Workshops, Rockport, Maine
Make eye-catching images of water that convey its beauty, serenity, power and mystery while exploring the rocky shoreline, inland waterways and water gardens of Mid-Coast Maine. Experiment with creative techniques for capturing action, the passage of time, reflections, and abstractions. Learn to shoot in different light and weather conditions. Explore a variety of coastal and fresh-water environments—from tidal pools, rock-strewn beaches and salt marshes to rippling brooks and mountain lakes. Photograph fountains, ponds and reflecting pools in gardens.
By the end of the workshop, students should be able to:
- Work more creatively, playfully and experimentally
- Compose more compelling images
- Express emotion through photographs of water
- Understand the impact of light and weather on water
- Use tools such as tripods, polarizing filters and ND filters to improve and broaden the range of photographs that can be made
- Photograph a wide range of water elements in both natural and built environments
- Think beyond the capture to potential image processing and presentation options
For additional information and to register, contact Maine Media Workshops.